Friday, August 8, 2008

Life with Nick

My friend Lisa and I were at church on Thursday with our children(six all together). We were trying to decorate the bulletin boards. We left the kids in the gym with balloons, balls, and each other to entertain themselves. After a few minutes of quiet, she and I were talking about what life with Nick is like. I made the comment that he is very curious and as a result comes up with some crazy ideas. She asked for an example. I was having trouble coming up with one off of the top of my head, when I hear Nick screaming in the girls bathroom. When I found him, his toenail had been turned up by the heavy door and was gushing blood. As a mother that's when I should have sprung into action fixing his "owie" and comforting him. Instead I was laughing my head off. The kid had found a potty training seat(like toddlers use when their bottoms are too small for the toilet). His first idea, being the thinker that he is, was something to the effect of " I wonder if this would make a good collar". After we improvised fixing his toe with a paper towel and scotch tape, Lisa and I had to try to get the urine covered potty seat off of his head. The poor kid has a decent sized head( I know because I gave birth to it). So needless to say, I have no idea how he got it on but it couldn't have been easy! Believe you me it wasn't easy getting it off either. The tragedy in this story being of course that I didn't have my camera.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rasmussen said...

Oh my goodness, he's a handful! I think Justin is too. In five minutes the other day he climbed on the table, dumped a vase of flowers and water, dumped an art box full of crayons and something else, but my memory is failing me. Maybe it's good to suffer from short term memory loss!